Natural rattan banneton, these proofing baskets are perfect for 750g to 1kg of dough giving support and structure for the long proving required for sourdough.
Season the banneton before use and sprinkle generously with brown rice flour or wholemeal rye flour before each use.
How to season or break-in a new banneton:
1. Wipe the inside of the banneton with a damp cloth.
2. Sprinkle the inside of the banneton liberally with brown rice flour or wholemeal rye flour.
3. Allow to dry completely at room temperature for 6-12 hours.
4. Spray lightly with water.
5. Repeat steps 2-4 once or twice more to make your banneton super non-stick!